Moving "Note Order" to Preferences in Studies App

srh9592

17 Mar, 2016 09:28 PM

First off... I loved Mental Case and so far, I like Studies. I just want to provide some feedback on one feature...

I like to switch between "Order in Stack" (for studying dialogues) and "Random" (for studying vocabulary words). In Mental Case, this was done inside of "custom slide show". In Studies, these functions have been moved to the "preferences" menu. For me, this is not a static preference but a setting I want to change (almost) every time a start a slide show.

From my perspective, the Note Order function should be right next to the "Facets Reversed" function in the Custom Slide Show. Thanks again for the great software.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by drewmccormack on 18 Mar, 2016 07:07 AM

Thanks for the feedback. This is very useful.

I think for many people it is a static feature, and having it in Custom Slideshow was a bit confusing, because it also affects the slideshows you start other ways.

I guess a better option may be to have a default setting in the preferences, which can be overridden for a custom slideshow.

I will think about this and add it to the list. In the meantime, I guess you just need to change the order as needed in the preferences. Apologies.

Kind regards,
    Drew

2. drewmccormack closed this discussion on 18 Mar, 2016 07:07 AM.

3. srh9592 re-opened this discussion on 18 Mar, 2016 09:57 AM

4. 2 Posted by srh9592 on 18 Mar, 2016 09:57 AM

Drew,
    Thanks. I know you are probably inundated with "good ideas" and are very busy fixing bugs, but...

Here is my "good idea "...

I was hoping Studies' slide show interface would be more flexible and efficient. For me, I constantly change between random/ normal order, and also reverse facet order / standard facet order.

I would love to be able to save three or four custom slide show settings... then I would just have to hit a single button (example: Preset 1, Preset 2 , etc.).
    Thanks again.
    kr, Steven

Sent from my iPhone

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by drewmccormack on 18 Mar, 2016 10:00 AM

Hi Steven,
    I think you may be a ‘pro’ user, and that most people just opt for one set of settings, but I like the idea that you could save presets. Will add to list. Probably not a high priority though at the moment.
    Kind regards,
    Drew

6. 4 Posted by srh9592 on 18 Mar, 2016 10:31 AM

Drew,
    Thanks. Totally understand this being low on the priority list.
    Cheers, Steve

Sent from my iPhone

7. drewmccormack closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 08:14 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac