suggestion: improved PDF manual or one that is viewable on a single web page

zeppo

22 Jan, 2015 11:55 PM

This suggestion is two-fold.

The first part is that I believe there is a lot of room for improvement in the instructions for using this app, but little to no focus on doing so. Compared to the actually programming of the app, I would think improving the instructions to be a very simplistic task and one you should look into. For every time you get a question that pops up on this message board whose answer is not addressed, or not adequately addressed, in the current Help directory, that is an opportunity to improve.

The second part is it would make it much simpler to digest if rather than having to navigate via the "Help" feature, you could just put everything into a single pdf file or on a single web page. It is much easier to read that way that to keep having to use the back key to get to the next help section, click on that to read, it, the hit the back key yet again, etc, etc. Plus, you would be able to do a command+f search of a keyword and navigate directly to each appearance of that word rather than have to again, click on a link, read through it without the keyword being highlighted, then once you find it doesn't address what you want, hit the back key, and the click on the next link, repeat, etc etc.

There is much room for improvement here that can be accomplished with comparatively little effort or cost.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by support on 23 Jan, 2015 06:10 AM

Hi Cal,

Thank you for writing in with your feedback. We really appreciate the time you took to write it up. We will look into improving on both fronts. We're a small team so we're focussing our efforts but we do agree there's room for improvement!

Best,

Sam R. — The Mental Faculty support

2. support closed this discussion on 23 Jan, 2015 06:10 AM.

3. zeppo re-opened this discussion on 23 Jan, 2015 02:32 PM

4. 2 Posted by zeppo on 23 Jan, 2015 02:32 PM

Thanks. One example is the default templates you have set up. I cannot find anything in help that gives the parameters of these. If there is something, then that to me just demonstrates that the information is not easy to find.

5. support closed this discussion on 24 Jan, 2015 06:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac