I have four questions and potentially problems

Justin Chong

31 Jan, 2011 03:26 AM

1. I was wondering if during the slide shows, when switching between slides, it is suppose to have an option to choose the effects of the way you transition between slides. I saw on youtube and when the person transitions from slides, a block turns and others the slide moves from left side of the screen to right and vice versa. Mine does not do that nor does it give me any option to do so.

2. I just bought Mental Case 1.9 through apple's application store. When the 2.0 comes out, it will be free for me to upgrade it right? And if i do, what will happen to all my notes. I don't want to lose it and if the answer is back it up, how am i suppose to back it up? Please advise.

3. Is it just me or you are not able to adjust fonts in Mental Case such as "bold" "underline" and etc. Just wondering.

4. If i have bought the mental case for macbook pro for $19.99 and have an ipod touch...will i have to buy mental case for ipod touch too? Thanks.

Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon. I really appreciate it.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by drewmccormack on 31 Jan, 2011 09:20 AM

Unfortunately, the slide transitions you saw were using private functionality which are not allowed in the Mac App Store. We had to remove those transitions for the Mac App Store version. So your version is working, though it doesn't have the transitions.

We will be reintroducing certain transitions in version 2.0, and they will not be using private libraries, so will be allowed in the MAS.

Version 2.0 will be a free upgrade for you, and your data will be automatically migrated to the new app when it comes out. You can setup backups in the app preferences if you want to do that.

You can't currently format text. That is something that is coming in version 2.0 too.

The iPod app is a separate purchase. It is currently 2.99, or 4.99 with iPad support.

Kind regards,
    Drew

2. 2 Posted by Justin C. on 31 Jan, 2011 09:48 AM

Thank you Drew:

You have thoroughly answered all my questions. I'm enjoying Mental Case and highly anticipating for the 2.0 version to be released. =) FYI, I'm using this program for my last semester in law school and studying for the mpre. WIsh I had found out about this program earlier. Also, I'm going to be using it to prepare for the bar exam. I'm definitely one of those people who just don't remember things too well and I'm confident that this program will be a good supplementary tool for me to remember all the rules. Thanks again Drew and I really do appreciate you personally getting back to me ... I think it's pretty awesome. haha Have a good week.

Sincerely,
    Justin C.

3. drewmccormack closed this discussion on 31 Jan, 2011 10:01 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac