How to start reviewing slides?

Jei

28 Dec, 2010 08:50 AM

So I read the manual here: http://www.macflashcards.com/iphonemanual
and hopefully it's just something simple I am missing but I can't figure out how to review cards on my iPad. I purchased MC and when I tapped on the getting started case and then the play button at the top it worked. However when I tried that with the other default cases and even the getting started case again the study slideshow options were all greyed out.

So just how do I start to review my cards?? I've tried tapping, dragging, etc but nothing is working- help- please.

1. 1 Posted by ayeshaz.mehdi on 28 Dec, 2010 10:07 AM

I'm having the exact same problem!! Please help!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by drewmccormack on 28 Dec, 2010 10:52 AM

Are all the options grayed out? After you select a case, you need the last option in the play menu, which is 'Notes in Selected Case', or something like that.

Kind regards,
    Drew

Sent from my iPad

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by drewmccormack on 28 Dec, 2010 10:53 AM

Choose case, and then in study menu, 'All Notes in Selected Case'.

Drew

Sent from my iPad

4. 4 Posted by appfiend on 28 Dec, 2010 01:25 PM

Thanks Drew, Ayeshaz I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one ^^' Yes looking at it now all the options are greyed out except for "All Notes in Selected Case" those two options with the sliders are on. I tried turning them off and on with no luck. My ipad syncs with a Mac (itunes, etc) but I don't want to use my mac at all with Mental Case. Right now I'm downloading and installing the mac version to see if I can get it to sync and then unsync/link MC with my mac [sigh]

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by drewmccormack on 28 Dec, 2010 02:50 PM

To have the other options available, you have to turn on the learning scheduling for your cases. In the library, tap Edit, and then tap a blue button. Turn on the scheduling switch.

Drew

6. 6 Posted by appfiend on 29 Dec, 2010 09:30 AM

I created files in a new case and I can edit their slideshow options but the ones that came as a default I can't edit their schedule with my iPad. Now that my cards are created it isn't a problem (just slightly strange seeing so many cards due- guess I should just delete them) ^^' Anyway, thanks for the help!

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by drewmccormack on 29 Dec, 2010 10:14 AM

Yes, the sample data is imported in an unusual way, which explains why you can't edit that. If you don't need it, just delete it.

Kind regards,
    Drew

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac