Upgrade doesn't work.

Dave S

06 Dec, 2010 10:30 AM

My iTouch only upgrades to software version 3.13. (ITunes says my software is up to date.) I didn't know this and updated Mental Case to 4.0. Now, it crashes on startup. How can I get the previous version of Mental Case? I paid $4.99 and my exam is the day after tomorrow... Please help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by drewmccormack on 06 Dec, 2010 10:44 AM

Hi Dave,
    The latest version of MC requires MC 4.0. It could be that you can't upgrade to iOS 4.0 on that iPod touch, if it is an early model.
    You can probably get back the old version of MC by restoring your iPod to a backup with iTunes. Just connect to iTunes, cancel the sync, and choose restore. The downside of this is that everything is restored, not just Mental Case.
    I'm afraid there is no other way for us to release the old version. Apple doesn't give us a way to do that.
    Kind regards,
    Drew

2. 2 Posted by Dave S. on 06 Dec, 2010 09:06 PM

I didn't know about the backup feature, so I don't have a previous backup to return to. So, I guess I can't use Mental Case anymore. (Darn, I really liked it.)

Do you recommend anybody else? You can answer offline if you want.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by drewmccormack on 06 Dec, 2010 09:19 PM

Are you sure you don't have a backup? iTunes makes one automatically whenever you sync.

Drew

Sent from my iPad

4. 4 Posted by Dave S on 06 Dec, 2010 09:34 PM

Wow-- It's awesome that your responses are so fast.

But yeah, I only have 1 backup-- And that's from 2 am last night. When I click on "Restore from backup" it only gives me the backup I made last night when I learned it had a backup function. I think I have to manually save a backup with the ITouch that I have.

5. drewmccormack closed this discussion on 07 Dec, 2010 09:37 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac