Transfer of liscense to App Store

Ethan

06 Jan, 2011 05:50 PM

With the app store being released today and having already purchased the wonderful product that is Mental Case, I was curious as to whether it is possible to transfer the liscense I already have to an App store liscense (if that is how it works) so that I can have updates in one place and have it easily installable from my account if I lose something. I noticed that iLife and iWork are recognized as being already installed, however all of my third party apps are not. Is there a way to fix this or will I have to redownload/purchase everything in order to get them on the app store (sorry if this is more of question for apple, I am going to ask them too and see what they say). Thanks for the help!

-Ethan

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by drewmccormack on 06 Jan, 2011 06:13 PM

I'm afraid Apple provide no way for us to migrate people. It will see apps you already have, but will not upgrade them.

What we have decided to do is to give MAS users a free upgrade to version 2.0. Rather than have people pay for version 2.0, they can repurchase 1.x, and get 2.0 free. It's about as fair as we can make it.

We'll probably have a sale soon to move people over to the store.

Drew

2. 2 Posted by Ethan on 06 Jan, 2011 06:32 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply Drew! That sounds like a good solution!

3. drewmccormack closed this discussion on 06 Jan, 2011 07:12 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac