Mental Lite no longer supported?

Dick Hall

19 Jan, 2011 02:56 AM

Mental case is telling me that I need to upgrade my version of Mental Case for iPhone ("Lite") in order to sync. No upgrades are listed as available. Do I have to download the new paid app?

If so, this feels like a bait and switch to me, because I used to have this same functionality.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by drewmccormack on 19 Jan, 2011 07:53 AM

Hi Dick,
    It's not a bait and switch. We actually stopped supporting the lite app about a year ago now. We have a different free app now, especially for students.
    The good news is that if you want to upgrade, the iPhone app is only 0.99 at the moment.
    Kind regards,
    Drew

Sent from my iPad

2. 2 Posted by Dick Hall on 19 Jan, 2011 04:29 PM

I don't really agree. I specifically paid for Mental Case OS X over other services because it came with the free iPhone app that syncs with the desktop app. I upgraded Mental Case, and this functionality failed without prior warning. I fail to see how my holdup being "only 0.99" really remedies my situation.

I understand your need to upgrade versions and continue to improve your service, but I don't think it should silently break old versions in the process.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by drewmccormack on 19 Jan, 2011 07:44 PM

Hi Dick,
    We can't support all versions indefinitely. To do so would mean that we simply could not continue to improve the software.
    As I said, we stopped supporting the lite version more than a year ago for various reasons, and it has since stopped syncing our latest Mac app due to improvements made to the syncing process.
    Regrettable, but that is the way the software business works. If you want to be sure your software continues to work indefinitely, you should never upgrade it.
    I will happily send you a link for an older version of Mental Case on the Mac if you wish to continue syncing with the lite iPhone app.
    Kind regards,
    Drew

Sent from my iPad

4. drewmccormack closed this discussion on 28 Jan, 2011 09:42 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac