Version 1.11.10

zeppo

08 Jul, 2020 03:54 PM

What is meant by " Due notes numbers should be more consistent now."?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Vlad Borovtsov on 08 Jul, 2020 03:59 PM

Hi,

exactly what you were complaining about. It still could keep "counting" but in one direction.

2. Vlad Borovtsov closed this discussion on 08 Jul, 2020 03:59 PM.

3. zeppo re-opened this discussion on 08 Jul, 2020 04:07 PM

4. 2 Posted by zeppo on 08 Jul, 2020 04:07 PM

Thanks, Vlad.  You're right, I still see the count up, but haven't noticed the split second "flashbacks" to the lower counts, although actually I haven't noticed that for quite sometime, even before the 1.11.10 update (perhaps coincidence).
    I wanted to make sure that there wasn't some change in the  algorithm for scheduling that I should be aware of.
    Vlad, did this correction to whatever was causing these "flashbacks" in count point to you to potential problems in syncing as a side effect of the same code?

On Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 11:59:53 AM EDT, Vlad Borovtsov <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Vlad Borovtsov on 08 Jul, 2020 04:14 PM

No, the change affects only the UI (presentation) layer. There is no changes in data processing or scheduling algorithms. And it's not related to sync at all.

6. 4 Posted by zeppo on 08 Jul, 2020 04:16 PM

So it didn't alert you to problems in the sync logic that you correct in Version 1.11.11.

What improvements should I expect in sync?

On Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 12:14:14 PM EDT, Vlad Borovtsov <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Vlad Borovtsov on 08 Jul, 2020 04:23 PM

Just some data corruption will be corrected automatically and sync should stop getting ruined.

8. 6 Posted by zeppo on 08 Jul, 2020 04:39 PM

Did the issue that you corrected keep the sync from hanging , thus having caused delays in completing the process that will now be avoided?
    I haven't used sync in a long time, but may give it a try again.    My sense was there was something that would cause sync to hang and perhaps have to restart that triggered these exceedingly long sync times.  And that it the problem was possibly compounding with more days of use.
    Will this improve sync times, or is this just dealing with the media files issue (I have no media files)?

On Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 12:23:34 PM EDT, Vlad Borovtsov <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

9. Support Staff 7 Posted by Vlad Borovtsov on 08 Jul, 2020 04:41 PM

Well, some issues has gone definitely.
    there is also a function that allows you enable the sync log and send to me once you see a problem

10. 8 Posted by zeppo on 08 Jul, 2020 04:49 PM

Thanks, Vlad.    Glad to see your work on the app.  Hope it continues to improve with this improvement in Mentalfaculty's approach to debugging. I'll sync back to the mac app and give it a try to see how things go.
        On Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 12:41:54 PM EDT, Vlad Borovtsov <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

11. Support Staff 9 Posted by Vlad Borovtsov on 10 Jul, 2020 09:44 AM

Sure. Just drop us a note if it went well or not.

Regards,
    Vlad

12. Vlad Borovtsov closed this discussion on 10 Jul, 2020 09:44 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac