Mental Case doesn't load but shows a constantly loading dialog
On rare occasions, the Mental Case database can get corrupted. This tends to happen after a system upgrade or similarly large change.
The way this manifests is that you typically see a dialog stating that a file is not in the correct format, and then you see a Library loading dialog that never goes away.
If this happens, you have two choices:
- If you are technically proficient, you can fix it with the
- If you are not comfortable with technical details, contact us and we will help you.
If you do feel comfortable carrying out technical operations, here is what you can do:
- Quit Mental Case
- Make a backup of all your Mental Case data. Here is how:
- Open the Terminal utility. (Go to Applications folder, and into
Utilities to find Terminal.)
- Copy and paste this command, all as one line, into Terminal
cd ~/Library/Containers/com.mentalfaculty.mentalcase.mac/Data/Library/Application\ Support/Mental\ Case/Library.mentalcase2lib ; echo .dump | sqlite3 Data.sqlite > temp ; sqlite3 -init temp NewData.sqlite "" ; if [ -e NewData.sqlite ] ; then echo "Installing new database." ; mv Data.sqlite OldData.sqlite ; mv NewData.sqlite Data.sqlite ; else echo "Failed to dump database. Aborting." ; fi
Launch Mental Case to see if it worked.