Restoring a backup of Mental Case 2 for Mac after failed sync
Mental Case 2 on the Mac makes a backup before it starts iCloud syncing, so if you lose data accidentally while initiating sync, it is often possible to get it back.
The restoration is a bit of a chore, but this is how you do it:
- Best to turn off iCloud sync in Mental Case on all your devices
- On the Mac, first Quit Mental Case, then go to the Finder, and
choose Go > Go to Folder
- Enter this
~/Library/Containers/com.mentalfaculty.mentalcase.mac/Data/Documents/Mental Case Backups
- You should see some folders starting with Library…. Each
one is a backup.
- Find the one with the most recent date.
- Select it, and choose Edit > Copy. Go to your Desktop in
Finder and choose Edit > Paste.
- Now in Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder again. This time
~/Library/Containers/com.mentalfaculty.mentalcase.mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Mental Case
- You should see a folder called
Library.mentalcase2lib. Drag it the Desktop.
- Drag the other folder from the Desktop into the location that
Library.mentalcase2lib, and rename it to
Library.mentalcase2lib. (Use File > Get Info to confirm the filename is correct.)
- Launch Mental Case. Your data should be back.
- Go to Preferences, and click the
Resetbutton to reset the iCloud data. Do this on all your devices.
- Turn on iCloud, one device at a time, and wait for the upload to complete each time before starting on another device.
Studies for macOS and iOS
Mental Case for Mac OS X
Mental Case for iOS