How to recover from lost or corrupt data
This is very unusual, but if it happens, there are a few options.
If you have a Mac, and you backup with Time Machine, you can try this:
- Quit MC if it is running
- Click on Finder
- Choose Go > Go to Folder
- Locate the folder called
- Start Time Machine
- Go back in time to before the problem
com.mentalfaculty.mentalcase.macand restore it. Choose to Replace the existing folder
- Launch Mental Case
If you have a Mac, but no Time Machine backup, you can probably
restore an internal backup made by Mental Case. The Mac app makes a
backup of your data when you turn on sync. The instructions are
If you haven't got a Mac involved, but you do have one device that still has all or most of your data, you can try this:
- Turn off iCloud sync in Mental Case on all devices.
- Press the Reset button for sync on all
- Restart all devices.
- Turn sync back on on the one device that has all the
- Wait 30 minutes, then turn iCloud sync on on your second device.
If you don't have the data in Mental Case on any device, you would need to restore from an iTunes backup, or an iCloud backup. That should bring back your old Mental Case data, but will also override any new data in other apps.